Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The NC connectiion


Now, NC is for North Carolina & Nancy Cornette, One contains some of the sickest road riding in the country, the other can bake the sickest chocolate chip cookies. Mom and The Bruce have a cabin in Saluda, NC no to be confused with slooter. Which is about 30 min south of Ashville. Smack dab in the Smokey Mtns and the Blue Ridge Prkwy. I shipped the Bondye with Fed Ex, which I ended up taking it deep on both ends on that one, another story for another time. anyway the first day I had my ride I did a RR that I had done before, which left moms and rolled up to Mt. Pisgah through the Craddle of forrestry and up to the Parkway about a 3hr ride and a solid climb up to the prkwy. The next day I was graced by the prescence of Jeff Welch, former Flagstaffian and current owner of Luna Cycles in Lenoir, NC. Jeff had told me that the area around my mothers house had some of the best road climbs in the state, something I knew, but welcomed his local intel. We started the day, in the rain, down the backside of said great climb, which, in the return yeilded 17 switch backs in under 2 mi, ya, the the rest of the 4 hr day was comprised of rolling hills and smooth roads, a great ride and a good chance to catch up with an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment