Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF!

Ahhh it's friday once again, my favorite day of the week. I always feel like I don't have to work as hard on friday for some reason, maybe its the anticipation of the weekend, or maybe its just that I don't want to work that hard. It was a great bike to work week, the folks at Flagstaff Biking .org did a great job as always. Wednesdays bike to breakfast was a blast, Biffs Bagels and New Frontiers win the best breakfast stop award, although the bicycle powered smoothy blender was a nice touch at Flagstaff Eye Center. I don't think the USGS is going to win the work site challenge though, we only had a 48% commuter ratio, I've heard that Lowell Observatory has beat us with 57%, damn space nerds! I my self probably logged 60mi of commuting for the week on the Gunner. Hopefully the goals of this week were met and awareness has risen, just because bike to work week is over doesn't mean you need to stop commuting on your bike.

Now that I have recovered from the 12 hrs of abuse that I took last weekend and my road bike finally showed up, I think I'll go try the road legs on the group ride tomorrow, I feel like getting hosed down in some testosterone. The Flagstaff group ride is like a public zoo for inflated egos, I myself used to be one of those folks, but now I have seen the foolishness of my ways and for me it's now just a fun workout, with a little entertainment. I always have to laugh when everyone shows up with their carbon race wheels and I'm sitting on some 6 yr old trainers with a broken spoke nipple and worn out armadillos, guess I didn't get the memo. Hope to see you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment